Phone: 083 000 1000
Phone: 083 000 1029
Telegram: 083 000 1029
WhatsApp: 083 000 1029
SMS: 1029 (N$2 / sms)
Fresh FM Young Hearts, Fresh Beats
Minute to Win it: Absalom K Sponsored by Avo Supershop Minute to Win it: Absalom K Sponsored by Avo Supershop
Fruits are generally healthy, they provide essential nutrients needed for the body to function and develop properly,when it comes to healthy eating, pairing fruits together can be a great way to get more nutrients and a wider range of flavours and textures, but some fruits have ‘beef’ with one another, making it hard to consume them in pears.
Here’s a list of fruits that should not be eaten together due to the health implications and discomforts that result
1. Acidic fruits: Citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruits should not be eaten with sweet fruits such as bananas, dates, and raisins. This is because the acid in citrus fruits can interfere with the digestion of the sweet fruits, leading to bloating, gas, and other digestive issues.
2. Melons: Melons such as watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew should not be eaten with other fruits, as they are digested quickly and can cause fermentation in the stomach if combined with other fruits. It is best to eat melons alone or with other melons
3. Bananas: Bananas should not be eaten with acidic fruits such as citrus fruits or pineapples, as they can cause digestive issues. Bananas are also high in starch, which can slow down digestion if combined with other fruits.
4. Pears: Pears should not be eaten with other fruits, especially melons and citrus fruits, as they can cause bloating, gas, and other digestive issues. Pears are best eaten alone or with other non-acidic fruits such as apples and berries.
5. Pineapples: Pineapples should not be eaten with dairy products such as milk or yogurt, as the enzyme bromelain in pineapples can interfere with the digestion of dairy. Pineapples should also be avoided with other acidic fruits such as citrus fruits
Written by: Arthur Daka